A SWOPA trip to Parc Omega is being organized for the end of February.
If you are interested, please complete the brief survey that is available to the right of this. If you are reading this on your phone, you may need to look under “menu” “special offers”..
Omega Park is a wildlife park where one can experience and observe wild Canadian nature. It is an opportunity to see our fauna, history, heritage and the different culture of our First Nations. It is about an hour east of Ottawa and has landscapes where animals and history cohabit in an entirely natural environment.
Imagine going on this outing and spending less than $300 (including deposit) for accommodations (double occupancy), food for 2 days, entrance fee and bus with a guide at Parc Omega! The only thing to be added to this will be your gas. And if you can carpool, that would be divided too. Once you register by February 7th and pay your deposit(e-transfer to email@example.com), Jale will send you an email with the names of the hotel/motels info, as well as directions via google maps.
If you have any questions. please email Jale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 28, 2020
- Drive to Montebello and register at the accommodations that you have booked (list to be sent soon)
- Meet at Montebello (TBD) between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm (after checking into your rooms)
- Reservation will be made for 6 pm at RestoZouk http://www.restozouk.com/menu.pdf
- Walk or drive back to rooms for the night
Saturday, February 29, 2020: (leap day!)
- After breakfast, meet in front of the Notre Dame de Bonsecures at 545 Rue Notre Dame at 8:30 am (carpool preferably)
- Photographing in the area until 10:30 am
- Carpooling to Parc Omega and parking at 10:45 am
- Find our bus and driver and board the bus and go through the park https://www.parcomega.ca/carte-du-parc/
- Stop for lunch at #11 and then go to the wolf area at 1:00 pm for feeding at 1:30 pm
- After the wolves, the bus will keep on going to a walking trail.
- Back to the parking lot by 3:00 pm
- Drive back to our accommodations
- Reservations will be made at “Le Bistro” for dinner at 6 pm http://lebistromontebello.ca/montebello-bistro-menu/?lang=en
- After dinner, we will drive down towards the river to do some night photos (weather permitting)
- Back to our accommodations.
Sunday, March 1st, 2020 (our last day)
- After breakfast, we will drive to Plaisance falls
- Walk down the river to the falls
- Photographing until about 11:00 am and then walk back to the parking lot
- Drive to 4 Impasse de la Gare Talon, Gatineau, QC to Buffets des continents in Gatineau
- Lunch at Buffets des continents in Gatineau (international buffet https://lebuffetdescontinents.com/restaurant/gatineau/
- Drive back home